Years ago I often made these coconut balls using shredded coconut and a tin of condensed milk. You couldn’t get simpler than that when it came to ingredients. Just mix together and roll into bite size balls. It was a yummy little treat to put together when you had guests coming around or to take with you when visiting friends or family. Recently I remembered these and thought I had not made them in a while. Of course this time I thought I’d up the ante and ‘Lebanese-ify’ them!
I know you’ll love these! My family did!
RECIPE is below & here on my You Tube channel…
What you’ll need:
1 pack arrowroot/milk coffee biscuit
395g tin sweetened condensed milk
2 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup shredded coconut (extra)
1/4 cup crushed pistachio
1 teaspoons Rosewater
1 teaspoon Orange Blossom
- Using a food processor, whiz up biscuits to a fine crumb.
- Place biscuit crumb with all remaining dry ingredients, orange blossom & rosewater (excluding extra coconut). Stir together.
- Add condensed milk, ensuring you mix through well so it coats all dry ingredients.
- Dab the palm of your hands with water. Take one tablespoon of the mixture. Bring together to create a dough like consistency and then roll into a ball. (Note: Having wet hands makes this process a lot easier!)
- As the ball is still moist, roll through to coat with the extra shredded coconut. Chill in refrigerator until needed.
(Makes approximately 38 – 40 balls if using a tablespoon measure.)