Here’s a super easy and healthy marinade for your baked chicken breast fillets. I’ve been using a zataar & olive oil paste to baste my chicken for a while now and love it. It has a unique aromatic and tangy taste that pairs well with it.
This can also be used with other chicken pieces or even a whole chicken too. But the breast piece has always been my favourite and one that I cook with most often.
- 3 - 4 breast fillet pieces (approx. 1kg)
- 1 tablesppon zataar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice & zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl to create a paste
- Prepare and clean breast fillets and place in an oven tray
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked right through. Baste pieces a couples of times through out to keep pieces moist
Serve with a salad or roast vegetables